Thanks for sticking with me to Day 22 of the 31 Days to Build a Better Saltwater Aquarium Challenge
Are you ever late in performing some of your aquarium duties—like water changes, cleaning pumps, replacing expired test kits, heaters or light bulbs?
One way to never forget is to set a reminder to email yourself. Your challenge for today is to set a reminder, so that you never forget those chores again.
If you use Alexa, Siri or Google, feel free to ask them to remind you of these chores now.
If you’re not sure how to do that, this is a sure-fire way to remind yourself using a google calendar entry
- Go to calendar.google.com
- There is a red “Create” button on the upper left-hand side of the screen. Click the down arrow next to that button.
- Type your reminder in the space provided:
- “Time to clean the pumps” (or whatever your reminder is)
- Then click the “Add” button
- Click the empty checkbox next to the word “Repeat” to schedule this as a repeating reminder.
Select the option that best suits the task—for example, you may want to remind yourself of water changes every week, pump maintenance in 6 months from now and then every 6 months afterward.
Change your light bulbs every 6, 9 or 12 months, depending on what style lights you have, etc.
Feel free to add more information in the description if you think that would be helpful—for example, you could add the date you last cleaned the pumps or the date you installed the new light bulbs.
Finally, confirm that Google will send you an email notification when the reminder is due.
If you want to have an accountability buddy on this, you could add a friend’s email to include them on this calendar reminder.